Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Last weekend, I went home with my sister and brother to surprise my Grandma for her 80th birthday.  She had no idea we were coming.  As our gift, we decided to spend the night with her, the way we used to as children.  It was so nice nice to spend time with her.  We hung out all afternoon, and then brought out the Wii that evening.  If you ever want a good laugh, watch us all attempt the obstacle course or the tilt board on WiiFit  :)

While there, I took some time to go through my Grandma's house, and snap some shots.  I like the image of the thread below.  When we were little, my Grandma made clothes for us all the time.  Everything from shorts to dresses.  Even though I hated wearing dresses, looking back it means a lot to me.  I don't know a single person who makes their own clothes anymore.

For as long as I can remember, Grandma has always kept her perfume in the same spot, on a tray on top of her dresser.

I love the shot of the old cookbook and yarn.  My Grandma has tons of books in her house... tons.  My sister and Mom read them all the time.

I have no idea what the list at the bottom is for, but I've always liked my Grandma's handwriting.

I love the sound of my Grandma's mixer running; it means her yummy mash potatoes are on their way!

This bowl of apples was on her table in the basement.  Fruit can always be found in my Grandma's basement.  Sometimes it's peaches that have been freshly picked... she lays them out on newspaper all across the floor.  Other times it's jars and jars of canned vegetables... particularly green beans and corn.  Yum!
On Sunday, we had a cousin's reunion where we surprised her once again with cake and flowers.
The cake was fabulous, thanks to the amazing Rita Bridges!


We love our Grandma!
Four Generations

Happy Birthday, Grandma!  I am so blessed to be your granddaughter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP